VACANT SCHOOL BOARD OF EDUCATION POSITION
Help lead Pineville Independent Schools to educational excellence.
You have a unique opportunity to serve this community by applying to be considered for appointment to the Pineville Independent Board of Education. If appointed, you will share responsibilities and accomplishments with other board members by serving the children of Pineville. Under the provisions of KRS 160.190(2), this appointment is effective until the next regular November election.
You are invited to nominate yourself to serve on the Pineville Independent Board of Education serving the children and citizens of:
Pineville Independent Schools
This vacancy was created by resignation.
Responsibilities of Board Members
Board members are involved in four main tasks:
- Developing policy that governs the operation of schools.
- Providing visionary leadership and vigorous stewardship that establishes long-range educational plans and programs for the district.
- Hiring the district superintendent and issuing annual evaluation reports.
- Setting local tax rates and ensuring that public funds are spent wisely.
Board members must be:
- At least 24 years old.
- A Kentucky citizen for the last three years.
- A registered voter in the district and voter precinct of vacancy.
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Except in limited circumstances, cannot be related to employees of the school district or provide contract services for the district.
Application forms are available from:
- Pineville Independent Board of Education office at
401 Virginia Avenue
- The Kentucky Department of Education at address below,
Phone Number: 502-564-4474.
Applications must be mailed directly to:
Kentucky Commissioner of Education
300 Sower Boulevard
Frankfort, KY 40601
Applications must be postmarked by September 25, 2018.